help w/ Sherwin Williams and Dunn Edwards paints

All about outside your bungalow.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:39 am
Hi, <br> <br>Does anyone have experience with either of these two brands of exterior paint on wood siding? The painter that we're going to hire to paint our house uses both, but he recommends the Dunn Edwards. I've only used the Dunn Edwards interior paint, and I liked it, but never the exterior paint. <br> <br>I would appreciate getting any of your experiences and/or recommendations with either of these two (or any other) brands. <br> <br>Thanks, <br> <br>David
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:47 am
We used SW exterior paint on our clapboards and exposed rafters. It looked nice and seemed to hold up well to the elements.
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:40 pm
Actually a much better performing paint is Frazee. My experience with Sherwin Williams paint has been less than satisfactory...and the Dunn Edwards paint although a good product...is way over-priced. Frazee makes an excellent quality paint...at a fair price.
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 10:43 am
We painted our house with Sherwin Williams about 5 months ago. I cannot see any problems with the paint at this point. Obviously I can't comment on how well it holds up over time. <br> <br>http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287717847
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:03 pm
Actually Dunn Edwards is not as overpriced as it would appear. If you look at the square feet coverage that you get per gallon it works out to be almost the same cost. My brother is a painter and swears by Dunn Edwards to be the absolute best in quality.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:46 pm
I'm not sure if it was the sun in California or not, but the exterior gray paint has faded within 3 years on my house.

Return to Bungalow Exteriors